Saturday, November 29, 2014

oatmeal bar

Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars

 
I just cannot not share this recipe with you, I found this one online and it use neither butter nor sugar and it’s very easy to do.  But it does have some sugar in the dried fruit like cranberries though, and you have choice not to use this one, for example use raisins instead.
One more thing is I use cholate chips instead of seeds for it. First I love cholate and the kids too also it’s on sale at this holiday season, I just cannot resist them. It also has some sugar and butter in it too. Next time I’ll surely add some seeds too.
I cook 4 batches at one time and cut the milk to 4 cups instead 5 otherwise, it comes out too moist. And I strongly recommend you use the pizza cutter to cut into pieces when it’s done, it comes out really nice bars.
Ingredients
·         1.5 cups rolled oats
·         1/2 cup chopped walnuts [or any nuts you like
·         1/2 cup dried fruit (any you like – raisins, cranberries, dates, figs)
·         1/4 cup seeds (any you like – sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame)
·         1 tsp cinnamon
·         1 tsp kosher salt
·         1.25 cups skim milk
·         1 egg
·         1 tsp vanilla
Method:
1.    Preheat oven to 350*
2.    Mix dry ingredients.
3.    Mix wet ingredients.
4.    Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
5.    Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
6.    Bake for 40 minutes.
7.    Cut into 9 squares.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment