Monday, May 1, 2017

Cookies made with cookie press

I ended up just the regular way to cut and make the cookies instead of using the cookie press. It wasn’t as easy as I thought to made fancy looking cookies. So I gave up.

And I meant to decorate or mix in with some raisins and nuts but I totally forgot. Those are for the fundraising bake sale, maybe it's good to make it simply.

But my sons said, those are not so attractive looking for sale purpose, and then I said maybe next time we can have 3 or 6 cookies in a bag and tie a nice ribbon. And again, my sons said, it probably won't help, unless, I make the cookies look fancy itself. Really!?

Another thing for sure that I’ll use the blender to do the mixing job, it's too tiring to use the handheld mixer.

Ingredients
2 cups butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 1/2 cups all-purpose wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
Currants or nuts, if desired

Steps
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, salt and eggs.

Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on unreleased cookie sheet. Decorate with currants.

Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. To decorate cookies after baking, use a drop of corn syrup to attach decorations to cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment