Sunday, September 2, 2018

direction

Scene 1:

Years ago, when I came to church with my two young sons the first time.

After parked the car and walked across the street and not so sure that I was going in the right direction toward the church, so I asked a guy on the way, "is this the way to the church?", "yes", he answered, then he walked away.

Maybe I was thinking too much that he should have known by this question that we were newcomers, shouldn't he say something more to us like, "first time to come to our church, welcome and follow me."

Scene 2:

This morning I was helping someone to put a dish in the office for someone else to pick up when he arrived church, and on my way to the office, I found that some of the dish must spill over, when I got to the office, I described the whole story to a gentleman there.

"Then you need paper towels underneath the dish", he said.

I thought he'll get up and put some paper towels on the desk for me, again, I thought too much.

I put the dish on the floor first, then got some paper towels placed them on a desk, picked up the dish, put it on the desk, and then mopped the floor.

And you won't believe that those two are exactly the same guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment