Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Breakfast Scone



2 C Wheat Flour
3 C Oatmeal
1/2 C Sour Cream
1 Egg
1/2 C Butter
3/4 C Sugar
1 C Walnut (chop into small piece)
1 t Baking Soda
2 t Baking Powder

Again, as usual, I do, mix well the dry ingredients first, then cooperate the wet ingredients in.


For the butter, since we need to knead all the ingredients together into dough, it's not necessary to melt the butter, simply cut them into small pieces to use it.


The reason why I call it "breakfast" scones, I have the oatmeal in it, and the main purpose to have the oatmeal in it, my older son won't eat the oatmeal that I cook for breakfast, therefore, I sort of invent my own ingredients for it.


At the same time feel free to substitute walnut with other kind of nuts or dry fruits or fresh fruits or mixed or something that your love one(s) won't take it as bland or non-flavored.


Lastly, divide the dough into three equal pieces, patting each into a circle that is one inch thick.


Cut each circle into 6 equal pieces.


Bake them at 350°F until golden brown or until you can smell the delicious aroma.


No comments:

Post a Comment