Friday, November 20, 2015

different names for the lord in the bible

Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner) 
Exodus 17:15 Moses built an altar and called it The LORD is my Banner.

Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)  
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals) 
Exodus 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."

Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There) 
Ezekiel 48:35 35 “The distance all around will be 18,000 cubits. “And the name of the city from that time on will be: the Lord is there.

Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)  
Jeremiah 23:6 In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior.

Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You) 
Exodus 31:13 “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide) 
Genesis 22:14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.

Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace) 
Judges 6:24 So Gideon built an altar to the Lord there and called it The Lord Is Peace. To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts) 
1 Samuel 1:3 Year after year this man went up from his town to worship and sacrifice to the Lord Almighty at Shiloh, where Hophni and Phinehas, the two sons of Eli, were priests of the Lord.

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty) 
Genesis 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.

El Elyon (The most high God) 
Genesis 14:18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

El Olam (The Everlasting God) Genesis 21:33

Elohim (God)  
Genesis 1:1 And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the Lord, the everlasting God.

Adonai (Lord, Master) 
Genesis 15:2  And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah) 
Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

Qanna (Jealous)  
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;






No comments:

Post a Comment