Tuesday, November 24, 2015

sensitive


I’m so sensitive to cold air, smells like perfume, make-up, smoke or whatever that my body feel don’t like it then I cough and then followed by lots of mucus(phlegm) and if I am lucky, I can get them out by spit or blow it out easily, otherwise I may cough like crazy.


I understand that our body produces mucus in response to an allergen or foreign substance, my body or immune system is trying to protect me, but I think they are overreact. It really bothers me now. What I can do is excise more, boost my immune system, try to avoid the things I’m sensitive with, and lots of prayer.


The following is a little something that I found about the mucus:

Mucus has an actual purpose. It's secreted by the mucous membranes in order to protect the respiratory tract from tiny invaders like bacteria, viruses, germs, and allergens that you breathe. Mucus captures these germs to keep them from getting deeper into the respiratory tract. But sometimes the mucous membranes go a little overboard, and excessive mucous production results.

And the tips for boosts immune system:

  1. Get enough sleep and manage stress.
  2. Avoid tobacco smoke.
  3. Drink less alcohol.
  4. Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds, which will provide your body with the nutrients your immune system needs.
  5. Consider probiotics. 
  6. Catch some rays.
  7. Go for the garlic.
  8. Eat medicinal mushrooms, such as shiitake and maitake.
  9. Try immune-supportive herbs. If you get recurrent infections, consider taking immune-supportive herbs such as eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticocus), Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng), American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius), or astragalus (A. membranaceus).
  10. Make an echinacea tincture. This is good to have on hand when respiratory viruses overwhelm your defenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment