Monday, January 29, 2018

relationship

Relationship between people is subtle.

Some people you may see them day after day but don't even have a few words with.

Some people, you may meet them for only couple of times in the entire life, but you have strong impressions on them.

A friend's mom, she lived in Taiwan, she came to visit sometimes, and I only met for 3 or 4 times in total.

She passed away on January 20, and when I reminisce that the last time when she was here couple months earlier, she said that she was too old to fly again, proclaimed that that was the last time for her to come to America.

And I was joking with her, said, "Ms. Wu, you know what I was with the same fellowship as your son and daughter-in-law before, now I changed to a new fellowship and is with your daughter and your son-in-law, looks like I can never get away from Wu's family."

She laughed so hard and said, "when is your fellowship meet up, I wanted to join you?” I said, "Sure", and then her daughter-in-law, kindly reminded her that their fellowship is speaking English.

And then Ms. Wu said, next time when you come to Taiwan, I’ll buy you a meal.

It’s a not so perfect ending but I really appreciate for this special encountering.

She’s gentle, elegant, joyful, thoughtful and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment