Friday, October 9, 2015

5K Pumpkin Run

My young one attend 2015 5K Pumpkin Run, I’m so proud of him. There are hundreds of runners attend this event, he’s the twenty-something runners that run back to the finish line.

Only thing that I don’t get it, is, why pumpkin run, how about turkey run instead?
Oh! I get it now, that’s how and why Cinderella has the pumpkin as the coach, it can run, right?

Among those runners, some are couple months old mom with their babies together, there are cancer survivors, one of them is my kid’s friend’s mom. Pay my best tribute and blessings to them

There are also some booths and food truck to provide services and information. One of the booths is host by a local church; they give away tons of free fresh fruits, apples, oranges, bananas, really appreciate that, it’s the best nutritious and healthy and energy supply, especially for the runners.  

People jokes about women’s handbags, always huge and yes! It’s full of things that never know when you going to need it. For example that day right after the run, my son asks me for tissue papers and something for the itchy throat, like minty cough drop; guess what it’s all inside my small handbag.


My son’s school friend’s mom, a cancer survivor, run with her son this time and she asks to run with next year. I say, yes to her, but kind of not sure and scare already. I never run this kind of run before.

No comments:

Post a Comment