Thursday, May 26, 2016

elephant garlic

Elephant garlic is a perennial plant belonging to the onion genus. It is not a true garlic, but actually a variant of the garden leek.

When I first found in the supermarket, I thought it’s a garlic too, only the size is giant.

And later learned, it’s not a garlic that I thought is.


If you are curious like me than you can try too, to me, its odorless and tasteless, won’t try again.

But on second thought, just look at the following Nutritional Value of it. So never say never.

Similar to usual garlic, Elephant garlic contains Allicin which is responsible not only for the aroma of crushed garlic but for numerous health benefits as well. Scientific studies have shown that it has antibacterial properties and an inhibitory effect on cells that cause certain types of cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment