Saturday, May 21, 2016

Youth Parents

Friday night:
Kid: Do you have the host family's address?
Me: (with a very confused look), it's in the email and your dad should have known.
(As I recall, this particular kid has been asking me, about, "do you know where is my dad?", several times, Sunday, after church service.)
(When I went pick up my son, this dad didn't even pick up his son, one of the advisor give him the drive??)

Saturday:
Group message:
Elder text to parents to correct the address of the host family which parents need to pick up their own kids.
At first, I don't want to reply, in the email that the elder send to parents, the address being given in typing is wrong, but there's also a Google Map which has the correct one.
Then there's a parent replying, "I also need to pick the kid from the host family?"
And there's another reply says, what time he/she need to pick up the kid?

( I must apologize and admit that I didn't get to spot the typo in the address for I use the Google Map to do the routing directly.)
That's when I cannot stand it, totally, and reply, the address is correct in the email and there's also the complete info for parents to know ahead.

My question, is, if you don't know the detail info about your kids' event, you agree to send your kids there?
You don't even appreciate, I mean, come on, this wonderful event is completely free of charge, people who involve arrangements and coordination, elders, host families, advisors, they all have their own daily responsibilities, their own family, works, school and the like.
You are the parents, they are not your babysitters, please, for crying out loud.
They also mention in the email, hoping the parents can come to pick up their own kids in order to know their kids' advisors, is that asking too much from the parents?
Have you ever letting your kids know that you really appreciate the church's efforts and ensure to your kids that you will pick them up after the event, in today's case.

No comments:

Post a Comment