Friday, February 6, 2015

homemade alfredo sauce

I cannot wait to try this looks really easy homemade Alfredo Sauce myself, and I need to buy some ingredients for it.

I've been buying the ready to use Alfredo Sauce for sometime; it wastes so many glass containers when I buy them from store.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It tastes and smells really delicious, and that's when I realize how rich this sauce is. So I’ll use less butter next time. And the chicken breasts and mushroom are the must go with this yummy dish.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients
It makes 4 servings

1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder (I’m going to use my own chopped garlic instead)
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese

Direction
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat, add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment