Thursday, February 26, 2015

spiritual discipline - slowing (2)

Modern life is full of tight and rush schedule. It’s like you can never delay or slow down even one second otherwise you will lose a chance or something important or everything.

Hurry! Hurry! I don’t have time to talk now! We often heard about them. And the first idea about rush on things is, multitasking. Do you multitasking too?

Many times, I just cannot stand for doing one at a time.
I have to watch the TV while I am reading a book and when the commercial time come, I either switch to different channel or try to check on the news or email on my iPad.
I talk on the phone and reading the news from the computer and writing something plans and thinking about something else in my mind at the same time.
Even when I don’t have a tense schedule, I feel like that I just can not slow up. I talk fast and briefly to people and yes they don’t understand. Is that because I get used to it or I’m afraid to slow down just a bit?

By rushing end up fatigued, restless and miss something without knowing it. If we are always rushing, we cannot hear what God trying to communicate with us.

God is the one who creates Sabbath. Resting is not equal to lazy.
Genesis 2 
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

There are tons of methods that we can try to practice slowing, do one thing at a time, and talk slower, chew slower and a lot more.

Ever play the game, follow the leader. Yes! God is our leader. Slowing down, listen and follow Him, you may find something surprised, joy, contentment, relief, peace, find others’ needs and gain patience and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment