Monday, March 27, 2017

Honey Almond Oat Snack Bars - 2

This time, it comes out much better than the first time but not quite there yet, most probably is that I’m running out of honey, I didn't get to use the amount of what the recipe instructed.

And I planned to add some flaxseed meal, but I forget, therefore, I had the flaxseed meal in my other bake goods that day, Lemon Blackberry Pound Cake, which I baked one the other day.

The cake turned out quite different form last time, the color, kind of brownish from the flaxseed meal, the texture, must because the flaxseed meal also.
The flaxseed meal, probably should go well with the bar.

Ingredients
4 C quick oats (bake first at 350°F, 8 minutes)
2 C dried fruit 
2 C whole nuts, chopped
15 T honey
10 T coconut oil
1 C shredded coconut (i forgot about this one, next time i'll remember it)

Instructions
Bake quick oats first at 350°F for 8 minutes.

In a large bowl, stir together all the other ingredients, until all the ingredients are well coated. 

Line a Pyrex Rectangular 15 x 10 bakeware with parchment paper. Press (with damp hands) the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.

Bake at 325°F for 28-30 minutes.

Cool for 1-2 hours then cut them into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment