Tuesday, March 7, 2017

sharing (English)

Philemon (affectionate) Onesimus (useful)
One day, when I read the Bible and I decided to read Philemon, why? Ha! Because there is only one chapter, 25 verses, I said to myself, I can show off with friends and family that I read one whole chapter of Bible today.

Although only one short chapter of 25 verses, it is rich in content and remind me of something that I need to change long ago.


1). Philemon and Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians together are called "the prison letters", written by Paul, and in the midst of suffering, he still concerns other's benefit, it's not a normal human being can do.
2) Love is not only in mouth or heart, but should be in action, Paul plea for Onesimus, just as the Lord Jesus plea for us.
3) If I were Philemon, I won't even dare to admit that I know Paul, or I’m a Christian.

As I just mentioned that Philemon is a letter written by Paul to Philemon when he was imprisoned for his faith in Christ, in this letter, in addition to his greetings and blessings to Philemon and his family, Paul pleaded for Philemon's servant Onesimus, who fled to Rome, in there he met Paul and Paul led him to the Lord, and was willing to serve Paul in Rome; but Paul thought that he was a servant of Philemon, Onesimus shall go back to his master Philemon and ask forgiveness from Philemon, so Paul wrote this letter, and pleaded Philemon to accept Onesimus as a brother in Christ not a servant. At the same time Paul expressed his willingness to pay the ransom for Onesimus, and Paul was caring with love, and that Philemon made Paul's heart happy in Christ.

Often the Holy Spirit inspires us through scriptures, people around us.
Two weeks ago, my fellowship's discussion topic was forgiveness, also mention that the first physiological change when you forgive, the blood pressure will lower.

Recently, my blood pressure suddenly increased, I'm scared, worry, at the same time puzzled, I mean, I live a normal life and pay close attention to my diet, yes, I feel more pressure than usual, exercise less than before, Irritability sometimes (you won't believe that I even quarrel with people in my dream), cannot forgive others.

I am a sales, my boss always says, performance, performance, numbers speak, the higher the better; so as for health, I'll say, the numbers speak too, but not the higher the better.

I often seem forgive someone else's fault or people who harm me, but when frustration and hurt hit me again, the resentments come back again, as people are counting the blessings and I am numbering of my old wounds and being bitterness.

To me forgive others is tougher than the toughest, I even pray to the Lord for forgiving me not forgive others, say, that's only because those people are unforgivable, it is their fault, not mine.

Philemon Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, Unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellow laborer, and to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in thy house: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, having heard of thy love and faith which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus and toward all saints, that the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the hearts of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother. Therefore, though I might be bold enough in Christ to enjoin thee to do that which is befitting, yet for love’s sake rather I beseech thee, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ. 10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds. 11 In time past he was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me. 12 I am sending him back. Thou therefore receive him, who is mine own heart. 13 I would have retained him with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the Gospel; 14 but without thy mind would I do nothing, that thy goodness should not be, as it were, of necessity but willingly. 15 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him back forever— 16 not now as a servant, but more than a servant: as a brother beloved, especially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh and in the Lord. 17 If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself. 18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee aught, put that on mine account. 19 I, Paul, have written this with mine own hand: I will repay it; albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides. 20 Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord; refresh my soul in the Lord. 21 Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say. 22 But besides prepare me also a lodging, for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you. 23 There salute thee Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus; 24 also Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas and Luke, my fellow laborers. 25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.


On Sunday pastor shared a song, blessings and the story about it. This Monday, I had an ear infection (right ear) completely cannot hear anything, feeling very uncomfortable and upset, I thought that I should listen to this song, maybe my ear infection will be healed, and then I immediately changed my mind, no, I should listen to it until my ear infection gone, I do not remember how many times I listened to this very song, suddenly I my ear infection gone for good, and then happily, I go to go to work.

Blessings - Laura Story at WGTS Gateway

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XQan9L3yXjc
http://www.fbcphilly.com/clientimages/10429/musicpdf/91185_ls_h.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment