Thursday, March 23, 2017

Simple Chocolate Cake Without Butter


Curious about how simple is this chocolate cake? There’s no butter or eggs or milk not even a mixer is needed.

And wonder why I baked this cake? It’s for the school fundraising. I was informed the day before about bringing some home bake goods for fundraising, and found that we didn't have butter and milk at home, for that those are the basic baking ingredients.

I was panic at the moment when my son told me this fundraising, first, was the lack of ingredients, secondly, it's the late night before, therefore, you probably can image how was my reaction at him.

But good thing is, we have internet and computer and Google search, that's how I found this simply cake recipe.

Question about when did I get time to bake this cake, remember, it was late night already, after I searched for this recipe, I set my alarm o'clock for 5:00 am. Yes, 5 o'clock in the morning, the cake had to be done before 7:00 am.

Well done, says the cake. 

From this I can confirm to you that simple equal to relax and easy, but not necessarily delicious. Savory unnecessarily equal to healthy.

However, this tastes fine to me, after the bake sale, all gone.

Ingredients:
3 cups wheat flour
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cup cool water
6 Tablespoons grape seed oil
2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or lining with parchment 9 x 13" Rectangular Cake Pan.

Sift dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.

Add all liquid ingredients into the bowl & gently stir until there are no lumps.


Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment