Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Strawberry Cheesecake

Like my son always says, mom, I know you changed the ingredients.
And since it's for ourselves only and also for healthy reason and of course, I’m lazy, so, I took out the crust part from this ingredient.

I replaced the orange juice with lemon, because we have lemon tree in our backyard. Besides, oranges are supposed to be eaten fresh, agree? If you do use orange juice, please reduce the amount of sugar, by how much? Dependence upon, how sweet that you like, if it's for me, I’ll not have sugar in it.

One thing I did regret is, not stand strawberry slices around edge of the pan, in addition, I forgot to save some strawberries for the garnishing.

Another thing is I try not to use parchment paper and use the glass baking pan almost every baking.

I do have one more suggestion, using small cupcake bakeware as for the party goodies.


You Need
28 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
2 env. (1/4 oz. each) Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice (substitute with lemon juice)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Make It
Combine first 2 ingredients; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan. Line side of pan with 4-inch-wide strip of parchment.

Reserve 8 strawberries for garnish; cut remaining berries into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stand largest strawberry slices around edge of prepared pan; finely chop remaining strawberry slices.

Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan; let stand 1 min. Cook on low heat 3 min. or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add chopped berries; mix well. Gradually whisk in gelatin. 

Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Remove rim of pan; discard parchment. Cut reserved strawberries in half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment