Sunday, September 15, 2013

evergreen rehabilitation center sharing 1

I remember that when the first time walk in the rehabilitation center. I feel so warm and welcomed. Everybody there is so friendly, saying good morning, hello, or how are you to me.

When I walk in the room that we are supposed to be with those residents, I greet with each one. One of them ( 司徒伯伯 ), when he first see me, he say to me that I look just like his sister. I then joking to him say then your sister must be very pretty, just like me. And immediately I feel like I’m not just a visitor or a stranger here. I’m like walk into a big family of mine. Others thanks us to be here to visit them, give me the blessings before I have chance bless them, share their life experiences, call me a beautiful lady, say that I have a beautiful smile.

I also try my best use different language to talk to them. I only have very limited words that I know how to day in other language. ( 黃伯伯 )For example, say good morning in Japanese is おはようございます, thank you is ありがとうございます, and good bye is さような. And some other Chinese dialogues like Cantonese and Taiwanese. When I try this, they are so happy; they give me two thumbs up instead of correcting me.

And also should try to memorize the following, Jesus loves you, in Japanese                イエスはあなたを愛して, this is the way to pronounce it, Iesu wa anata o aishite.

Jesus loves you, in Spanish, Jesús Te ama.

No comments:

Post a Comment