Monday, June 30, 2014

長春大學 3 - 2014 world cup

Not a fan vs. Nonbeliever.

I’m going to show a short clip of 2014 world cup. (It will be the clip from the final, if the sharing day passes the final date, July 13 2014)
I am not good at any sports or a fan of any kind of them. I never thought that will be a fun thing to know anything about it. And it wastes time and is bored to watch the games.

But because of preparing the sharing information of 2014 Brazil world cup for the evergreen senior college (長春大學) , I spend some time to read and search all the basic information and reports about it. I even watch some games on TV.

It turns out that I learn a lot about this sport, it is quite interesting too. I have a lot more of topics to talk to friends, customers and my kids, the relationships with them getting closer and better. Again learning new stuffs are always benefits in certain ways.
Not just the games alone, the winning or losing that excite me. The past recorders, the facts about it, the team works, the players’ emotions and passion for it, the coaches’ teaching, the viewers who watch the live competitions, mid-game commercials, sport analysts experts’ analysis, they all caught my attentions. The sentiments when they either win or lose are so real. They cheers, dances and give thanks to the Lord and the fans, coaches when they win the game. They tears in front of the billions of viewers when they lose the match.
All those get my memories about before I become a Christian. Dear friends encourage and invite me to attend church services or events. I, always answer them, in a not very polite way, “I’m not interesting it or I’m too busy to go, please don’t bother me for that.” It is like saying, “I do not want to waste my time on that.”

Until one day I finally walk into church for I somehow thought it is good for my kids and soon touched by one of the hymns and become a Christian.

That is then I found out, going to church or become a Christian is not a nonsense or boring decision at all. All the touching prayers are so real, those hymns real move me, and pastors’ messages always teach and remind me on something that I never pay attention about. The passions between fellowships, we go outing together, the team works are amazing everybody take part of the work in every event, those yummy potlucks, we cry and laugh and pray and worship together, never need to face any troubles or holidays alone. I learn a lot of things from them, cooking, dancing, singing, teaching, leading, sharing, taking care of others, we grow in spiritual together, keep company and comfort each other. We all walk alongside with our Lord in any situations that we confront.
Deuteronomy 31:6 申命記 31:6
be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
你們當剛強壯膽,不要害怕,也不要畏懼他們,因為耶和華你的神和你同去,他必不撇下你,也不丟棄你。」

Psalm 28:7 詩篇 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

耶和華是我的力量,是我的盾牌,我心裡倚靠他,就得幫助。
所以我心中歡樂,我必用詩歌頌讚他。

Psalm 55:14 詩篇 55:14 
We who had sweet fellowship together, Walked in the house of God in the throng.
我們素常彼此談論,以為甘甜,我們與群眾在神的殿中同行。

Romans 12:10 羅馬書 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;
要以弟兄之情彼此相愛,以尊敬之心彼此謙讓

1 John 4:19 約翰一書 4:19 

19 We love because he first loved us. 我們愛,是因為他先愛了我們。
Today I want to ask you to join our team. Why? We have the best coach, our Lord. We have the best team members, our brothers and sisters. And He wants to bless you and your family forevermore.

Acts 2:38 使徒行傳 2:38
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
彼得對他們說:「你們應當悔改,每個人都當奉耶穌基督的名受洗,使你們的罪得赦免,就會領受所賜的聖靈。

Ephesians 4:5 4:5
one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

Acts 22:16使徒行傳 22:16
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.
現在你還等什麼呢?起來,當受洗!求告他的名,當洗去你的罪孽!

Galatians5:2-23 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
22 23 溫柔,節制這樣的事,沒有律法禁止

Matthew 28:19 馬太福音 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and   of the Holy Spirit,
所以你們要去,使萬民成為我的門徒;奉父、子、聖靈的名給他們施洗;

No comments:

Post a Comment