Wednesday, June 11, 2014

prepare for june sharing

For this June sharing, I spend a lot of time pray and other preparations. I first wrote it in English then my son to proof reading for me then translate it into Chinese and let the pastor to proof read one more time and give me the suggestion.

The only feedback is my sharing is too short, I add only one short paragraph in the end. The total sharing is less then 10 minutes. It is kind of short, I only can do the short, and I really do enjoy long sharing myself.

I spend hours to rehearse by myself especially for the Taiwanese one. I am not good at Taiwanese at all, I try my best very hard as my respect to Taiwanese congregation. I also record and listen to it several times before I feel comfortable with them

I ask suggestions from my kids, from online search; including how I should wear, talk and how to gesture properly on the stage.

I even ask my kids, "Can I also go to English congregation to do the sharing too." to my surprised, their answer is, "sure, you could ask the pastor to, if you want." we will see.


As I am learning Cantonese, I literally stop listen and watch the Cantonese channels for a whole week before the June sharing. So I won’t be confused between two dialects. I am not truly familiar with either one of them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment