Wednesday, June 11, 2014

potato salad

Cucumbers and apples are strongly recommended for the potato salad. They make the potato tastes naturally light sweet, crunchy and colorful. Of course you need potatoes and hard boiled eggs, they give the salad creamy taste and pleasant scent. Also don't forget have some salt and ground black pepper to taste.

When I was young, I used to make my own mayo. It not that easy but at least you'll know what's in it. I use pure raw egg yolks and oil. Make sure to separate egg yolk and egg white carefully. You need lemon juice and oil.

I still remember at that time my eldest uncle, he loves my homemade mayo a lot, and he always designates the potato salad from me whenever we have a family reunion. I really miss him and the old time.

The following is how make it, first mix egg yolk and lemon juice together until smooth. then have the oil add in it drop by drop and use spoon to blend them together stir it with chopstick one direction only until it is thick and then you add in the oil faster continue stir until all the oil is gone.

Make sure the container is clean and dry, have the egg yolk pure as possible, and stir only same direction. Then you will a flawless mayo.


For the potato salad, you can eat it along. Or can have it with the French bread together and that is a perfect match. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment