Saturday, June 14, 2014

ear infection

I have an ear infection since 3 weeks ago, it’s the left one. Since then the infection go and come several times until 2, 3 days ago, it built up quickly. Luckily I don’t have any pain or fever or drainage fluid from my ear, just feel very itch and swell. Actually I might have some of those symptoms but they are too minor to notice or remember.

There are couples of reasons why that happen when I try to look back. First I am quick busy lately, I go in and out and talk a lot and the weather is hot and dry. I don’t have enough rest and water intake. Someone left a message to kindly remind me that my sales drop a little and such compare to last year’s same time, it’s a discourage reminder though and the pressures probably developed at that very moment. Also one of my clients that I visit, he smoke, only one cigarette in front of me, I feel the swell suddenly grow. And that will be the good reason I can talk to him next time to encourage him to quit smoking.

I do feel very uncomfortable with the swell, it blocks my hearing. I’m like only a tiny little bit more than 50% of hearing left. It also feels weird whenever I talk or sing, so I try not to do those as possible. I rest a lot. Pray a lot. I share with my kids and have them place their hands on my left ear and pray for me. I share with my fellowship, they pray for me and tell me I should go to the doctor, one of them call me to check on me to see if I am better and remind me to see the doctor and take medicine.

I am so thankful for that I have kids and dear friends to share my uncomfortableness with. When my kids pray for me, I’m so touched, I cannot hold my tears and I cry in front of them. They give me big hugs and tell me I am going to be ok.

When the day I feel the most uncomfortable, the younger one prepare the breakfast for us all, the older one cook the lunch for us all. I cook only a delicious soup with radish for us all. And then we have dinner, deserts and happy birthday cakes at church which I don’t need to cook again.
I, myself pray a special prayer the night before I go to the doctor, I go to the doctor only to check to see if there is any complication occur. I pray, “dear Lord, I feel so uncomfortable now please heal me. I don’t want to go to the doctor and I hate take medicines, you are my healer, I need nothing or no one else but You. I pray in Jesus’s name to have all that reasons that make me sick, either virus, bacteria or germs or pressures and so on, kick them out and destroy them and order them bow down to You. You alone are the king of kings and Lord of the Lords, And in Jesus’s name I order myself, my immune system, white blood cells, everything single piece of my skin, every piece of my bond, every single drop of my blood, every single chunk of my muscle, every thread of my nerve, every single of my hair, all listen up and work together.” I pray very hard and several times before I fell asleep.

I have a wonderful sleep and wake up around 10:00 in the morning. The swell is not 100% gone yet; I have breakfast then go to the doctor that I usually go. He is a very experienced, patient and nice doctor. And I also find out that the last time that I go see this doctor is 4 years ago in 2010 when I have a serious cough caused by bronchitis. And back to another couples years ago when the back pain hit me severely.

He prescribes the antibiotics and the drops for my ear, I will just hold down them for now.

And I do does some search on the web for the ear infection like before whenever I have any double or question. You cannot rely on all information completely though, everyone’s case is individual and different. And you just cannot wholly believe them. For example, it teaches me to do my own drops that I don’t want to try, it seems very reasonable though. The other one that I do try is have the salty water boiled for couple minutes before you use clothes soak in it and then use it to press down on your ear to let the steams to go into your ear. Besides that I try to get the steam directly from the boiled salty water. You need to be very careful about this; you don’t to burn yourself by the steamy steam. You don’t want to get damage to yourself by that.

Actually to me, I use salt a lot as a home remedy, for cough, to brush teeth and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment