Tuesday, March 24, 2015

4-26-2015 co-worker gathering


2015, is a brand new and challenge year to me.

It is the first time for me to be a small group leader of our fellowship. Why is it a challenge? Not only because, I get to do something that I never do before, I’m facing a bunch of knowledgeable grow-ups, you all get the pictures, right? But I’m lucky that I have a lot of helps from our co-workers, so I believe that I’ll survive.

Also it’s a first time ever to me, as part of the Sunday school teaching team, again for grow-ups. And if there’s not the Christ and Holy Spirit, I don’t see I can ever know how to lead the class, how to ask questions, how to share, how to pray, how to manage the time and the like. Again, I’m so lucky to have Uncle Robert and Uncle Allen, just kidding, Robert and Allen to be there, together, we work as a strong team.

For all this, of course, first give thanks to our Lord, additional to that there’re two people and a group of service team, I’d and I have to thanks for.

Joanna, who ask me to be the small group leader, encourage me and pray for me and ensure me that there will be tons of people, will back me up.

Second one is pohsien who invite me to join the Sunday school teaching and also assure me that teaching materials are already there also Robert and Allen and I are going work together as a team.

People say dreams come true, to me; I never have these kind dreams, small group leader, Sunday school teacher for grow-ups. From our live oak rehabilitation center service team, I can truly experience, the team work works, how the team members help each other, cover each other’s work, the encouragements, the time to learn from others, the time to have the real life practices, and the most of all, I fully understand, what’s the meaning of, God Doesn’t Call the Qualified, He’ll Qualifies the Called!

There are many examples in the bible.

Isaac was a day dreamer, Jacob was a cheater, Peter had a temper and denied Christ, David had an affair and tried to cover it up with murder, and Noah got drunk. Elisha was suicidal, Jonah ran from God, Paul was a murderer and he was way too religious.

Timothy had too many ulcers, Gideon was insecure, Miriam was a gossiper, Martha was a worrier, Thomas was a doubter, Sara was impatient, Elijah was moody, Rehab was a prostitute, Samson – he liked prostitute. Isaiah preached naked for three years, John the Baptist ate bugs and had second thoughts about the very Messiah he baptized.

Jeremiah was way too emotional, Moses stuttered, Zacchaeus was too short, Abraham was old and Lazarus was dead. God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called!

No comments:

Post a Comment