Wednesday, March 4, 2015

dumplings & pain

The other day I made a lot of dumplings. I didn’t really count how many are they, around 150, I’ll say. I made everything from scratch, including the dumplings’ skins (made with unbleached wheat flour and water only). And after folding all the dumplings, there is some dough left over I then makes them into noodles.

The reason why, I prefer make the dumpling skin myself, not only because it tastes better, but also that I found the store made ones, most of them contain additives, like preservatives and the flour is bleached.

The ingredients for the fillings are the following: ground pork, shrimps, cabbage (since it does not contain a lot of water in this kind of vegetable, so I only mix salt with it for a little while and does not squeeze out water from it, I only dump out some very tiny little bit of water come out from it), eggs, green onion, garlic, ginger (I forgot to have it this time), salt, pepper, soy sauce.

We have some fresh the same day and freeze the others for some other day. Overall I really like that. But once again, I do need a food processor for the vegetables and/or the grinder for the meat. And yes! I bought the chunk meat and have the butcher ground it for me. Somehow I do prefer that if I can ground it myself. Oh! Maybe, just maybe I do need a mixer and a machine for the dumpling skin/noodle.

When the day end, when I go to bed, I was tossed and turn and couldn’t go to sleep, my right arm is so sore and painful. I do my daily prayer as usual before I fall asleep but not for my arm particular. And I start to try to massage my right arm with my left arm, which is the good one. And then there is a thought come into my mind, what if my left arm also sore by massage my right arm before the right arm gets better. At that point I still continue my prayer. Guess what happen next? Be honest with you, I don’t know either. The only thing that I remember is the next day morning when I open my eyes with no sore and painful arm. Oh! Yes! I have a good night sleep. It’s incredible!

有人在為你禱告

No comments:

Post a Comment