Thursday, July 23, 2015

Green June beetle



A Green June beetle in the bag and it’s alive!
 
This late morning I come to rescue it from behind our couch, as soon as I catch it, a spider run away. I can seem hear the spider says, “Argh! There goes my Bruner! (A word in my own dictionary stands for Breakfast plus Lunch plus Dinner).”

Actually, when I first catch it, it looks dead to us, motionless and I tell my son, feeling rather sad about it, because it looks live minutes ago before I try to grab it with a plastic bag. Then I joke with my son, say, “let me do the CPR for it, “yes! I real do something like it to it on its back, and then I say, “Maybe I should flip it over and do the right one, that’s when I find that it is alive again. Hooray!

At the same time my son goes on the internet to find this, Cotinis mutabilis, also known as the fig eater beetle (also green fruit beetle or fig beetle and also June bug).” Problem solved! I am just asking my son to get some grass from the yard for this little one, and we happen to have 2 figs left over from a friend’s garden, so I we feed him with the fig and it eat.

This kind of beetles mostly found at eastern or south of United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment