Tuesday, July 14, 2015

santa monica beach


I’m blessed to go on a youth event, Santa Monica beach. But we don’t get to go to beach; instead, we go to the elder’s home for dinner. A dinner full of yummy foods, burgers, hot dogs, salads, fruits, desserts, drinks and much more, a lot of fun with younger crowds and nice talk with parents.

Something very remarkable is I get the delicious and healthy salad ingredient from the beautiful, kind, hospitality hostess.


The raw kale salad, here’s the ingredients. Kale, of course and lot of it, cucumbers, bell peppers(I use three different kinds of bell peppers, red, yellow and orange.), sliced almond, dried cranberries (I try mangos cues instead, it tastes good.) and the dressing. But for this dressing, I need to go to the supermarket to get the exact name of it, I don’t quite remember it. It looks and tastes really good.
 
In my mind or in my kids’ mind, the kale are not good for any receipt, the smell, the taste, bitter, maybe, especially the raw ones. And from this, it totally change the way we thought about the kale. We even take all the kale salad left over home and I will for sure to try it on myself shortly.

For the dressing, I do go to the supermarket to look for the one that she strongly recommends. Unfortunately, I can easily found something that shouldn’t be in it, I mean, like, preservatives and etc. It’s not just that particular dressing but others too, so, I decide to go online and look for something suggestions and find what the ingredients for that dressing. I have lemon juice (instead of vinegar), olive oil, ground pepper, sugar (only tiny little bit, since there are mangos or dried cranberries in the salad, we truly don’t need more sweets for it), and lots of garlics. If for the colorful purpose, you can also have some red peppers then grind and blend them all together. Also next time, I’ll have little onion to go with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment