Sunday, January 31, 2016

北京烤芽(鴨)roasted duck


A homemade roasted duck rub with turkey brine and wait for couple hours before roast it.

I got a store buy turkey brine pack at a fairy good price, so I try it on my duck too. Here are all the natural ingredients of it, Sea salt, brown sugar, cranberries, apples, garlic, orange peel, juniper berries, Malabar black pepper, thyme, rosemary and sage.

 I do remove and discard the butt but not the excess fat as most of the recipe recommend.

Also I didn’t do the following either, prick skin all over with a sharp fork nor pour boiling-hot water over duck (to tighten skin).

 When roasting, I have the neck and the wings hide under the duck in the traditional oven at temperature, will vary, start from 425 °F to 375 °F then 350 °F, with the breast side up and turn around for 3, 4 times until its golden brown, it takes nearly 2 hours.

The bone will be good for either soup or porridge. The greasy will be my cooking oil, nothing will be discard or waste except the butt and the head

No comments:

Post a Comment