Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Labor Day

Breakfast for three = home grown tomatoes + home raised chicken eggs (Oh, how I wish).

Lunch for three = New York strip steak with bone in + onion + corn on the cob.

Yeah! Those were for Labor Day weekend. And turned out, I worked (cooked) harder than ever. But happy meals + happy kids = happy mom, oh well.

Addition to the laboring thing, I do have the first time ever, very successful on cooking the steaks with oven.

Sure that I google it before cook it, I broil each side of the steaks for 10-15 minutes(depends on what bakeware that you are using, for metal one, like the cast iron bakeware, ten minutes should be enough, in my case, I have the glassware, so another five minutes to add on the ten) to lock the moisture in

Then turn the temperature down to 300 – 350°F for 10 - 15 minutes, add in sliced onions to the same bakeware as the steak. This way the onion can be done and steak taste at the same time.

And make sure separate all the sliced onions before throw all in the baking.  


You can also substitute onion with other vegetables, carrots, potatoes, asparagus and much more. Be creative and explorative.

No comments:

Post a Comment