Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Lassoing the Sun: A year in America's national parks

A beautiful touching life story, worth to read, several times I cry and almost cannot continue reading it.

Mostly, when I read this book that's the week that one of my senior friend's husband pass away.

So much to say about this book. I used to say to myself, I have to visit every single national parks with my kids, a dream of mine.

So far, I only visited couple of them, the ones that I can reach via my old car and one of them with the tour company.

The author's last name is woods, so, I assume that the outdoors should be in his family's blood.

Following is a quote from this book, "Now I'm grateful for the sound of her voice and the sound of silence". "The sound of silence", coincidence, is the song that I mention weeks ago. Here the sound of silence, is more of stop talking, stop using those electronics devices, like phone, computer and the like, and listen to the nature, the wind, the wave, the bird chirping and more.

He also mention Paul Simon, one of the original singer of the sound of silence and couple of other his songs.

Again, preserve and enjoy the nature is very important.


No comments:

Post a Comment