Monday, October 24, 2016

永青

The past Friday, I decided to visit my senior friends. It ended up I spend almost 5 hours there, using my four limited different language/dialogue, English, Mandarin, Taiwanese, Cantonese, we sang and prayed with them individually.

Most of them heard about the Lord, but not yet accept Him as their savior yet.

Again, I want to say, they only different between us and them is only they are older than us but not knowing less than us. A lot of time people would like to think, oh, you are old, and don't know anything, OK! That’s terrible.

It’s interesting to knowing people from different backgrounds, always, there are so many precious memories, stories even some jokes to share with me about them.

The following is some sharing from one of the senior resident, Tom
1). first sharing about this John Teshan American pianist and composer of pop music, as well as a radio host and television presenter. 

And I asked Tom, is John Tesh a Christian? I don't know why I asked him this question then. What surprised me is, Tom answered, John is not a Christian, but he do sing some Christian songs, and if I become a Christian, it'll because of him. So I thought that I should find at least one Christian song that John Tesh sings from YouTube. So I can share this song with Tom when I meet him next time.

Draw Me Close To You • Worship at Red Rocks • John Tesh

2). A must listened speech that Tom strongly recommended to me. A speech form Steve Jobs, the co-founded Apple Computers. I sort of remember that I heard this speech before. And he especially emphasize, there are 3 main point on job's speech, I need to do some homework and get back to him next time, oh, no, it's this coming Friday.

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address (with intro by President John Hennessy)


3). 2 of the useful information that Tom ask me have to check it out. Another homework. Ted talk
https://m.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksDirector


Beatbox brilliance | Tom Thum | TEDxSydney


Here are the lyrics that I prepare to share with them next time.

奇異恩典
奇異恩典,何等甘甜,我罪已得赦免;
前我失喪,今被尋回,瞎眼今得看見。

浩大恩典,使我敬畏,使我心得安慰;

初信之時即蒙恩惠,真是何等寶貴。

經過許多危險網羅,飽受人間苦楚,

此恩領我平安渡過,他日歸回天府。

將來在天安居萬年,恩光如日普照,

好像最初蒙恩景況,讚美永不減少。


Draw Me Close To You

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire
And no one else will do
'Cause nothing else can take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find a way
Bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near
You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want

No comments:

Post a Comment