Saturday, August 5, 2017

English panel discussion


The HarvestLA student ministry is going to have a Workshop for Evangelism; a panel discussion for answering students' questions on faith. Hoping that through this panelists sharing of gospel would help on the faith growth on students.

I’m gratefully to be invited to be one of the parents on the panel, though, we don’t need to do a separate testimony on the panel discussion, and still, I’d like to say something about it.

Before my sharing, I have to tell you that I am not a native English speaker, so bear with me and listen carefully, OK?

Three years ago, I shared my testimony at mandarin and Taiwanese congregation, I did think about sharing and preparing an English version of my testimony to share in English congregation too. It's like dream come true nevertheless, it is three years late.

I am alone yet not alone is the title that I'm going to share today, I before was just the exact opposite of this, meaning that even I was with a big crowd of people or even surrounding with the people whom I'm familiar with, I still feel lonely.

I didn't know how to communicate with others, most of the time I didn't even want to, I had no confidence in myself at all, not mention to speak in public or stand or sit on the stage, in this case.

Now I know wherever I am or whatever I do, God is watching over me and say, "Hey, Alice, you're doing a good job!" 

Lastly, two more things to share, if you have not yet baptized become a believer, I want to encourage you to get to know more about our God, it's no loss to learn something new and if you are baptized, a believer then I strongly recommend you commit, not once a year but at least once a month or once a week of volunteering to serve people in need. You'll be surprised on how you can learn and grow by serving others.

I do have one more thing to say, don’t be scared by serving others, you are not necessary to go far or do something uncomfortable, like stand on the stage, but by warmly welcome a new comer or a church member, simple as that.



No comments:

Post a Comment