Friday, August 25, 2017

It happened again

We had our bimonthly service at the rehabilitation center this morning, I met a male senior that also from Taiwan, as usual, after I chatted with him a little, bravely, I asked him do you want to know more about our God, and do you want to be baptized becoming a God’s son like us, become a Christian… and of course, I briefly told him about our God and such, he answered all “yes” to those questions.

So I told the person who our church been authorized to perform baptism, but to my surprise, she said that she will not to baptize him today, instead, she said, next time when come here again which is two weeks later.

Most of the residents at the rehabilitation center can understand 100% our conversations, and depends upon which of the part of their brain were impaired, some of them part of their body cannot not move well, some can hardly talk well.

So, what are we waiting for? I shared my experiences at other nursing home before with this particular person, there were, not just one but couples of the nursing home residents that said yes to baptism but not been baptized right away. Next time when they ready to perform the baptism, those yes persons, refused to be baptized.


One time, my son said, do you guys just take advantage of their situation? Like, they cannot go anywhere but stay in the facility so they are easier to accept the Christianity. I am not wholly agree with him, yes, their freedom are restrained physically but not mentally or spiritually, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment