Friday, July 25, 2014

phobia

2 Timothy 1:7For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

English learning time, phobia means a strong unreasonable fear of something; it also is a root. For example aerophobia means afraid of flying. I didn’t count how many root words are there in total. It must be over 4 or 5 hundred of them.
 Have ever has any kind of fear or still have any kind of fear?

Some of the fears are beyond imagination, like, Anthophobia – fear of flowers, Chlorophobia – fear of the color green.

Chaetophobia – fear of hair, chromatophobia – fear of colors, Melophobia – fear of music, Philophobia – fear of love, I wonder how could anyone survive with this kind of fears.

I used to have Arachnophobia – fear of spiders and Astraphobia – fear of thunder and lightning. I don’t why I had that and how I become not fear of them. I guess that I have someone else depending on me; I am the one to protect others.

No comments:

Post a Comment