Saturday, July 12, 2014

salsa, hummus, nachos

Chickpeas vs garbanzo peas

Is it a chickpea or a garbanzo bean? It depends on where your culinary loyalties lie. If you're with the French and Italians, you may think of them as chiche and ceci, respectively. If you're with the Spanish, then you may know them as garbanzos.

We’re all talking about the same thing: a fiber-and protein-rich legume with a slightly chestnutty flavor.
Lately I’ve making some Appetizer with chips to share with friends.
I made salsa and hummus so far.
I’m planning to make nachos soon for sharing too.
They all like my homemade recipes. 



Salsa:
I use tomatoes, sweet corn ears (next time I’ll use mangos instead), onions, pickle jalapeno pepper, ground pepper, salt, cumin, (home grown) lemon juice and parsley (it should be cilantro, I bought the wrong one. I then from online, it says it’s ok to substitute cilantro with parsley. Oh! Boy that is close).

Hummus:
You will need Garbanzo peas, lemon juice, salt, cumin, paprika, some water and grind them finely altogether.

Nacho:
I will have lots of cheese, ground beef, black bean, jalapeno pepper, onion and some salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment