Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mercy

One of my close friends, Mercy dies from stomach cancer days ago.

To me, she is more like a family than just a sister in Christ. Often time, whenever I encounter some troubles or question or whatever troubles me, I’ll talk to her. And she is always so kind, tender and patient to talk me through.

Weeks ago, two weeks before she pass away, I try to call to say hello, and again try to ask her some opinion on something that worry my heart. But at that point she is so weak, so we didn’t talk a lot, just simple and short daily conversation and blessings to each others. Never get chance to talk about my problem, but as soon as I hung up, I seem can feel that she’ll tell me, “don’t worry, you’ll be fine, and you are capability to solve this issue yourself and trust in God alone on anything.”

The day after she passes away, friend call me to inform me, we talk and pray on the phone. That’s when I spot something on our side table, an elegant glass heart shape container that laying there with some dusts and small things in it. This brought me in a nice memory about her. This is one of the gifts that one or two years ago, she gives for me and children for the Christmas should be. You know Chinese is humble, right? So when she gives me the present, I say, “You don’t have to”, but still take it anyway, and you won’t open the present right in front of her for polite. So when I go home and open the gifts and show to my kids and joyfully say, “See! Those are the gifts that from Jessica’s grandma”.  We look at those gifts one by one, kids are so happy too. And when sees this refined glass heart shape container, kids ask a question, “I wonder why people give this kind of gift”. At that moment, I have no idea why, but only thought those are all her generosity and blessings to us. Now I finally realize that’s no just a gift or blessings, it’s a reminder from her too, “not to fill your heart us all those dusts and some negative thoughts, like worry, burden, anger or hurt and so forth, otherwise there won’t any space for God’s love.”

It’s just like Mercy; her heart must full of God’s love, so she can love others unconditional.

I believe that she is resting with the Lord now. Pray for God to continue to bless her love ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment