Friday, May 8, 2015

you won't believe this

This Friday I am the one in charge of short message sharing. And the past Sunday, I don’t know why?  Somehow in my mind I thought that I’m the do the worship song leading, so late Sunday night, I start the worship songs search. I thought about the coming Sunday will be mother’s day, therefore I try very hard to finally find 4 songs for it, I’m happy and relief.

Then the second day which is Monday, the day that I usually do sending service reminder emails for both my fellowship and the community service. That’s when I suddenly realize that I am not the one in charge of worship songs instead I am the one do the sharing. I’m surprised and shock, not by a pleasant way, what in the world that I can find a topic, prepare the content, and finish a power point file for it in, and memorize them all, what! In 3 days. I’m panic, I want to give up and walk away from everything that I need to do at that point.

It’s funny that I even thought, maybe, Allen, the one who’s actually in charge of worship songs; maybe, he’ll call me, and say, “Hey! Alice, that’s switch the service for this week!

I’m super busy this week enough with my work and kids’ activities, the younger one has 2 concerts in a week, and the older one’s final for school this week too. I don’t even remember that the coming Sunday is mother’s day. I do walk away a bit, I don’t send out the reminders on late Monday as usual.

I pray to the Lord, please help me, please hide me under your wings, I need You now and little by little, I am like a helpless child, wondering around in nowhere to go and remember at last the coming Sunday is the mother’s day. So it’s easy as a piece of cake, just have the subject on mothers, that’s it. Here and there, I have the content, a video, a song and some bible verses to share, the power point file complete right at the schedule. I try my best to memorize the content as much as my little brain can do, and rehearse in my mind tons of times before I go and share this short message. Mission accomplished.

I am rescued by the grace of the Lord.

And I do post those songs for mother’s day on my face book. And then I totally forgot about how I wish that I can have the chance to share them with actual audiences, face to face. Until this morning while I am excising at the park and message left for me from Sarah, who is the one is supposed to do the worship leading for this Friday’s fellowship gathering. She said that something came up and she won’t be able to do it this time, so she asks me to cover for her. And yes! I do have all the songs available and ready for it, the only thing that I concern is, my dear friend, Sarah, the only thing that I can do now is pray for her.

Actually before I can get this worship leading thing, I do thought about to share at least one of the song for the Sunday school leading for this mother’s day Sunday. In my mind, I’m so satisfied by I can share those songs with actually audiences and share about the thought about the song. And then, you won’t believe what you see here is, one of the brother call me for some other things that’s how I suddenly be reminded that this week due to the mother’s day special service program, this Sunday’s school is cancelled.


Lord will bless us for more than we need.



No comments:

Post a Comment