Wednesday, December 23, 2015

ivy

A friend that I know years ago from my last job. She’s from Taiwan, come to American for some years and then go back to Taiwan. She’s really a nice lady yet talented and creative and hospitality. After she go back to Taiwan, she come back to U.S.A. twice, she visits me and gives me treats and gifts. And the second visit, she tells me that that is the last time she visits U.S.A., feeling rather sad and don’t know what to say and do at that time.

Whenever I look at the desk and the computer that she generously gives them to me when she move back to Taiwan, my heart full of appreciation and speechless, although that computer already been replaced by another laptop. And thinking how can I ever thanks her in any way?

The job that I have now, she is the one makes it happens. One of the client that she refer to me, is still going on since then. She never asks anything back.

She owns a guesthouse (名宿), 巷小老宅子 at Hualien City (花蓮) Taiwan.

Her image comes into my mind so strong at this time is, one of our pastor is going to move to Hualien City Shepherds a church there. Then is this thought come into my mind, I can have little something to ask pastor to bring to her for me and of course at the same time invite her and family and friends come to church. God is the best gift after all, we should try our best to spread this good news to others.

Hoping through this opportunity, we can connect again in a different way.

Actually, to me, Hualien City, a special place and has some memories, mix with happiness and sadness. I used to live in Hualien City when I was very little for maybe 2 or 3 years. And also my kids’ father was born and raised in Hualien City too, what a coincidence, right? Therefore, for many years, I don't want to know or see or think or anything related to Hualien City at all, absolutely nothing.

God is the healer, let Him do His job. 

Couple years ago, there a group from Hualien City, they come to our church for some kind of mission sharing, and I can clear remember that day, as I listening to their sharing, within minute, I hurry out and burst into tears. Only because they are from Hualien City and that bring back some memories. My feeling then like, I want and happy to know and hear the people from Hualien City but too sorrowful to bear it as the same time.


And hey that’s that, the story of my Hualien City.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sharing. I will visit Ivy and her husband for sure. They seems a very interesting couple. And it‘s great having a 懷舊+creative inn to share with other people.

    ReplyDelete