Wednesday, December 30, 2015

measure by who's standard?

One time I attend a class for the Sunday school teachers or whoever want to be a Sunday school teacher. The educator asks us questions, here’s one of them that I found the answer is very useful and it’s so true. He asks, in Noah’s Ark, it mention about the measurement unit, cubit.

The cubit is an ancient unit based on the forearm length from the middle finger tip to the elbow bottom. 

As you can see it’s based on the forearm length from the middle finger tip to the elbow bottom. So who should we pick as the measurement standard, yours or mine or man or woman or who else’s?

Every student eager to answer this question, then the teacher says, it’s none of us’ standard, then who’s? Our Lord.

Matthew 7:1-3 
1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

The other day, I just kind of recall my lately life, I’ve criticized the people and group or team around me, not all of them, but a lot of them. I’m feeling like I am someone, you know, important one.
I should review everything that I’ve done for the year of 2015 and help my love ones to do the change of good.

And this is what I learn at 12. 29. 2015, living life study
Boasting about the Future (James 4:11~17)  

11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.
12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you -- who are you to judge your neighbor?
13 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money."
14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
15 Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
16 As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.
17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment