Tuesday, December 29, 2015

mother & son

Bringing up kid is tough, bringing up boy is tougher, and bringing up teenage boy is way beyond toughest.

You need to set boundary with them and give them the freedom at the same time, you need to listen to them and want them to just shut their mouth at well, yes! You hear me right. But how I can do that and what!?
The other day some conversation happens between my son’s boss and me, yes! You hear me right again. She calls and leaves the message; ask me to call her back as soon as possible. My heart is wondering and pounding, why and what happen?

So I pray before the call back, pray during the phone call conversation and pray and pray after hang up the phone with her.
That’s an embarrassing and awkward moment and knowing that I should talk to my son long before this conversation. Glad that his boss willing to give him the chance and be honest with some problem that needs to be solved right away. The most of all, this, actually, giving me the best chance, position and whatever that I need to open the discussion with him.

A talk between mom and teenage son is really tougher than toughest. A lot of time, the words come out of my mouth and go into his brain and then come out totally different meaning from I’m meant to tell him.
That’s why I have to pray so hard to God to give the wisdom in using what way and expression toward him. And great that I can even use some bible verses to do the explanations for me.

Want him to have the best understanding and not feeling hurt and do the changes in the meantime.
A mom’s job is way beyond a teacher, a psychologist, and a doctor can do. You can never give up or hide away in any circumstances. Take it and completed the mission impossible, but not by yourself, with the Lord, I’ll say.

Right before I open this dialogue on the way home, I have a kind of giant burp, it rather a regular burp to me, but burp of release the burden and guilt.
So we have the talk after the phone call, which is Sunday after church, which is the younger one is with us, which is an only 15 minutes length talk. And the second day, is the normally day that I give him the ride to the work; it’s an around 20 minutes time one way that I can be alone with him and do the communication more and I purposely and secretly plan a pick him up plan after his work day. What do I mean here that I have to plan it; to not to let him feel that I do that by intention, “oh! I happen to need to go home at that time”.

And probably you will guess that I must have a long and hard prayer between God and me, to ask, how and what to use for this precious short time to share and the like.
How do people succeed, by making right decision, how to make a right decision, by experiences, how to gain experiences, by make mistakes. It’s so true and cruel at the same time.

Through this episode, for sure, it is a better way and obtains a preferable comprehension too. Help is not just coming from the positive suggestion but some not quite comfortable event too.
Yet whether at home, church or workplace, it’s just a tiny little part of our life, likewise, the people or situations or the like that you’ll encounter. Mind learns from the hurt, the fall and etc. from it. Don’t take it as an offense of every word, don’t do thing that you’ll regret later, well, it’s not possible, but at least try really hard.

Never fight alone and choice God be your boss on everything.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment