Thursday, December 31, 2015

sick day

Mom! I’m leaving for school. That’s the everyday routine, right before my young one leave for school, and I always answer with sober voice, OK. And that particular day, couple seconds later, he return to the room and say to me, mom, my stomach really hurt.

I jump out off the like spring, have him lay down and ask some detail, knowing that must be the food that he had the day before, I open the curtain, letting the nature sun light in and have him drink a cup of warm salty water.

Less than an hour fight, it seems like forever.
Rest when your baby is sleep, does this sounds familiar to you.

Salty water and chicken soup, this runs in our family for years as an effective remedy.

Sour throat, gargle with warm salty water.

Food poison and feel like throw up but cannot, then you definitely need some warm salty water, it’ll help you throw out those bad stuffs that are inside of you and make you sick.

Itchy eye(s), salty water or tea (overnight), use cotton ball to wipe the eye closed. For safety, never reuse any cotton ball and also apply on the other not itchy eye for protection.

First 24 - 48 hours, water (now I use warm salty water instead) only, then diluted apple juice, then, rice soup. This is the instruction that I was given from my older one's pediatrician when he was little. At the time, we were alone in U.S.A. and I don't drive, I took bus or walk, wherever that I need to go. The pedestrian knows about this, so one time when I called for help, he gave me this direction.
The other time was when my son was coughing, and I called again to the doctor, and he simply ask me to have my son to cough to the phone receiver to let him hear the cough, and told me, don't worry, and again direct me to buy some over the counter medicine to sooth the symptom.

I really appreciate, this doctor's consideration till today. And we are lucky to have this kind people around when I need help. 

Matthew 5:13-16
Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. 14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment