Wednesday, October 8, 2014

book review - power of two



Be honest with you that at the beginning of reading, I almost give up on it. It’s kind of bored to me. But I already returned one book 2 week ago back to library, because I found no interest in it. I know I shouldn’t let go this easy, so I force myself to give it another shot, I continue to read a little more. And the very same night when I try to listen to the online Living Life from the web which in our church, we are encouraged to do the daily devotion base on it. This the bible verses that touch my heart, Ecclesiastes 傳道書 4:9-10, that when I know, I will continue this book.

I’m so glad that I persist on reading it. I find some interesting points and fun facts too.

Yes! We all agree that in most cases 2 is better than 1. There are facts that most of the people don’t know about them, the inside successful stories.

Amongst those there are some of them we all probably familiar with, John Lennon and Paul McCartney, together they are not only founded the Beatles, but whose songwriting collaboration changed the landscape of pop music. 

Apple founders, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and COO Sheryl Sandberg, how they met each and work together as a pair and many more real stories, and much more real life examples, they all can inspire us in somewhat.

In the midst the facts, a Russian-American choreographer, George Balanchine, who brought the artistry of the Ballets Russes to America, and his protégé Suzanne Farrell—but their main purpose is the creative work they share, touches me the most.

All those famous accomplishment pairs, not all of them math up at the first place or agree on each other at all time.

我國古代有一句俗語﹕【世有伯樂,然後有千里馬,千里馬常有,伯樂卻不常有】。這是說人世間有不少有用的人才,可惜沒人賞識,以至於讓這些人才都給埋沒掉了,這真是令人惋惜的事啊!There is an old saying/story in China: [there are more outstanding horses, than there are the people who can truly distinguish them]. It is said that there are a lot of talents, unfortunately not very single talent can be appreciated, that is really a sympathize thing!

And sometimes the chances are, we can help ourselves by going to the right places to get to have more opportunities to be found or meeting the right person.
 
Here are Bible verses for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment