Monday, June 26, 2017

鹹雞蛋 salted egg

6-2-2017, first time to try to make salted eggs. 第一次試作鹹雞蛋。
雞蛋放在白酒中逐個浸蘸一下,再滾上精鹽,放入容器內,約22天即成。

I didn't wash the eggs as the suggestion from others. 

Instead, I kind of using the white rice wine to wash and rinse them then covered the eggs with fine Himalayan salt and then wrap them up with plastic wrap, store in an airy dark cool for 22 days.

It tastes good; also I find it interesting that that actually tastes very different from when you cook fresh eggs with salt.

For the first, I’m not sure that I’ll success, so I only tried three first, next time I should try more at a time.


I wonder that is the reason why Prosciutto and Bacon taste good, the salts, or the other seasonings, spices or herbs infused in the food evenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment