Wednesday, June 21, 2017

What you a social work, psychologist, doctor?

You be the judge.

The following is the conversation between A and One of the elderly resident after A pray for her after our rehabilitation center service.

One of the elderly resident: 
I have urethritis, but they don't give me medicine.
A: you should ask them.
One of the elderly resident: nobody will care about us.
A: what color is your urine?
One of the elderly resident: I don't know, I wear adult diaper.
A: if you feel pain or burn when you pee, ask them for the medicine.
From my understanding, the staff been given her cranberry juice and she didn't even had a fever, I’m not a doctor, but I think that's the reason why they didn't give her medicine.

This conversation continue.................
A: do you have kids? Do they come to visit you?
One of the elderly resident: oh! Not really, they live far away and they are busy with their church service.
A: you should ask them to visit you once a week.
One of the elderly resident: this and that; such and such; well, maybe the daughter in law won't agree to do so.

That was when, I couldn't stand to continuing to listen to this infinity conversation, so, I left, without, saying goodbye, and then, I went alone to my regular visiting other residents and of course, I came back to this One of the elderly resident, to talk her a bit more and to say goodbye to her.

If you were a volunteer, what are you supposed to do? I’ve been serving in this community for years. 

And I've seen, different kind of children of the residents in this facility and other facilities.

One of them came visited his mom for the first week and then decided to take his mom home and took care of her himself. 

One, I truly don't know what's his concern, he sent his mom to this facility, not too far away from his home, but couples of cities away though.


Another one, move her dad from different city to the city where she live in, the only reason is, she wants be close to her dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment