Sunday, February 28, 2016

important decision 10

A party, a farewell party, yes, again, for the children’s Sunday school principal and teachers.  

I went to show my appreciations, but so upset at the same time, I tear up. Yes, I’m an emotional person. And there’s a story behind it.
It was not until 2 weeks ago, that I realized that the children ministry principal’s family is going to leave the church among some other families. I never thought that they’ll ever leave this church.

That was more than 10 years ago, when we first came to this church, Daniel is the Sunday school teacher of my 2 year-old boy and then the second year, my son went on to the wife, Haley, who was very pregnant with their second child, teaching 3 year-old class. And I’m the kind of mother, who is the other way around, meaning, don’t want to leave my child, even it’s just a 3 hours Sunday school. I was following my son all the way through his young age Sunday school.

But at that time, either Daniel or Haley, ever question me like, why are you staying, or asked me to leave the classroom after drop my son off.
And believe it or not, they are the ones that inspire me to be a Sunday school teacher.

So far, many people leave the church, they may have different reason, different timing, go to a different church, well, what can I say.
May God bless them wherever they go!

After the party, I have my 1-3 year-old Sunday school to teach, one of the helpers who cannot go, asked me about the party, that's when I cannot hold my tears again. some of the helpers are with this church, like,forever, many kids are cared by them, including my young son.

One of my little students, Sheri, came to me and give me a hug when she saw me cried, such a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment