Friday, July 17, 2020

07172020 Devotion

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcQl8niXu0

Good morning brothers and sisters, this is Alice from HarvestLA. Today is Friday, July 17th, 2020. I welcome you to join our daily devotion on Psalm 149.
Let's pray. Dear Heavenly Father, we praise You and we love You, please prepare our hearts to worship You, in Jesus's name we pray Amen!

Let's sing today's bible verses. Just kidding. Psalm 149
1 Praise the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of his faithful people. 
2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. 
3 Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp. 
4 For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. 
5 Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds. 
6 May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands, 
7 to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, 
8 to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron, 
9 to carry out the sentence written against them— this is the glory of all his faithful people. Praise the Lord.

Psalms are composed of sacred songs or poems meant to be sung. How I wish that I was able to sing it for you! But I am not a musical person.

In Psalm149 it begins and ends with "praise the Lord". We need to praise the Lord from beginning to the end of our days and lives with a new song. Why? Does God's mercy only appear in the morning, noon or evening? Does God's mercy only found when we are success not failure? Our God is an everlasting God. His Love never fails or disappear! His mercies are new every day. From day one when we wake up till go to bed/death bedGod wants us to praise Him with not only with our mouths or words. He wants us to praise Him with all our minds, hearts and souls in new songs and dancing altogether. Everyone, including the kings, nobles, presidents, leaders and anyone in between shall praise Him.

Sometimes praise is not easy. When your life is perfect you may forget all about God. When you are in deep trouble you may too tired or too sad to remember Him. I remembered years ago when my life was torn apart the only thing that I knew what to do was cry. Before I sent my older child to school, I hid in the closet and sobbed. After my older son was at school, I came home and hid myself in the closet again and cried some more. 
It is okay to have emotions; sadness, anger, fear, loneliness, depression etc. Turn to God for help. In Psalm 40:1-3 1 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. 
We all need someone to cling on for any circumstances. Someone who will never walk away or be too busy to care about our needs at any time. And we need to get ourselves not just physically or psychologically healthy, but most importantly spiritually ready. For there are temptations, troubles and the battles of any kind in our daily lives.


Let's pray. Dear Heavenly Father, we praise You and we love You, thank You for fighting for me when I lost the strength, Holy Spirit please fill our hearts, let our hearts hunger for Your love, let our ears hear Your words, let our eyes witness Your miracles, in Jesus's name we pray Amen! Have a blessed day! And don't forget to join our Saturday and Sunday services and the daily devotions Monday through Friday online. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment