Wednesday, May 7, 2014

head injury from the past

Years ago, it’s more than 20 years ago.

I went on a trout fishing trip with couple of friends, actually only four of us. You need to start from the early morning, before the sun is rising, around 4 or 5 o’clock in the morning. First we drive to the destination then hike for hours to get in the deep mountain then it’s the fishing time.

It’s not the first time I go. I really enjoy the natural and everything except you need to get up early morning and pack the food for the hike. Overall I like it a lot.

But that day when we hike, I remember it rain days ago before our trip that day. So the floor is kind of wet. And the hike is kind of tough as usual, we need to across the stream, hike up and down and between the huge rocks.
Then is the accident happens to me, I slip and fall down on a rock and hit my head.
I feel dizzy and hurt the group stop and check on me and I rest a little. There’s comfort, concern also blame on me too, “why don’t you be careful, and why do you jump the rock”. I feel a little sad about the blaming. And you won’t believe it; we go on and finish the trip again.


Years later today, I have tinnitus and I believe it’s the sequela from the head accident. I still feel lucky and blessed about the accident. Because that a heavy hit to my head and I don’t have the concussion or anything, I pray to the Lord for protect me and my love ones always and heal our hurts whether it’s the physically or mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment