Friday, May 9, 2014

may sharing - 2 - mirror

Thanks to the Chinese association for the annual mother's day tea party. It’s not a fancy one. There are performances and sponsor companies’ booths. Organizer volunteers their money, time, energy and so on to make this event happen. Every mom gets a small gift, cake and flower. There are 3-4 hundred of moms.

There’s one thing, I can't help to notice, two moms right besides me, one to my left, and the other to my right.

The mom on my left, she come alone wears a bright color dress, not a fancy or formal one; it's appropriate and looks pretty on her. She’s with a confident smile on her face all the time, shopping and browsing the sponsors’ booths constantly before the performance begins. You can tell she enjoy the performances by taking pictures of the performances with her smart phone and clapping hands after every single performance.

On the contrary, the mom on my right, she's talking to her friend all the way through the tea party. She criticizes every single performance, everything about the tea party, even about her relatives and other friends in between the performances.

The mother's day tea party, do you guys get the pictures of it. What do you see in this big picture? 

There are hosts, the performances, the sponsors, more than 3 hundreds of moms, the cakes, the carnations, and the moms sit right next to me, me and an invisible mirror in front of me.

Remember the mom next to me, left and right side that I’m talking about earlier. Now I see myself, too, am complaining and judge others. I forgot forgiving and praying for them, instead, I join the train of complaining. In the daily, I often like that, forgot to enjoy and appreciate things that I already have the beauty of the people around me. I complain and criticize others, even my love ones.


Shot to the lord

No comments:

Post a Comment