Thursday, May 29, 2014

retreat - better together - courageous - 3

Courageous is a Christian drama film, I like it a lot, although it costs me a lot of tears. It also has plenty of laughter in between. 

I don't know what is this movie is about beforehand.  I encourage my kids watch it. When the movie is over, I cry so hard, I know my younger one watch the movie too. And I am so afraid of they will get hurt from this movie. The movie is all about how important is a father's in affecting a child's life. Their father are absent from their since they were so little. Pastor says, after watch movie then discuss it together is a healing process.

Five different fathers in this movie, those are the typically fathers in our everyday life, sometimes it maybe mix with more than one kind of father. Everyone has his or her origin family; they all play very crucial effects on our lives.

So far I still don’t have the courage to talk to them about it. I pray the Lord for forgiving me on a lot of things, including me sometimes aware of not aware and hurt either one of them. And we need to learn to let go the past, especially the hurts then we can move forward in the healthy way. We also need to forgive the unintentional harm.

It is principal to solve the damage before it is still small. Never hide it or ignore or pretend it didn’t happen. In some point of your life it will explode and become a big hurt to more than just one person.


Let go and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment