Thursday, June 16, 2016

Upside Down & Inside Out

The reasons why I listen to following particular songs are, number one, the other day, my older son asked me, “Do you listen to non-Christian songs too?” number two, when I was preparing this Friday’s fellowship bible study leading, I mention about the relationships between, me and God (Up), me and the fellowships (Side), me and non-believers or someone’s less Spiritual maturity (Down). Here, I have to say, no offense, I use the word, down to describe the third relationship, I just don’t know what other word that I can use, I sort of translate it from Chinese directly (往下).

This is the first song that come into my mind. Therefore, I want to find it out and listen to this old song once more, but don’t get me wrong, when this song was released, I was still inside my mom’s womb, just kidding, ha-ha!
Diana Ross - Upside Down
Released on June 25, 1980

And this is the one that when I research for the song of upside down, which gets my attention first.
OK Go - Upside Down & Inside Out
Released on February 11, 2016

Then, I say to myself, why don’t I find two more old songs, one for each of my handsome boys?
I Will Survive
Released on October 23, 1978

That’s when I play them out loud and my son said to me, “oh! You do listen to non-Christian songs.” Well, excuse me, what do you think?
Michael Jackson- Bad
Released on September 7, 1987



Before we can grow and have healthy relationship with others, we do need to exam ourselves inside out first.

No comments:

Post a Comment