Saturday, March 29, 2014

3-28-2014 friday night s. ca. la habra 5.1 earthquake


A 5.1 magnitude earthquake that struck Southern California Friday night, 3/20/2014, More than 100 aftershocks have been reported across Southern and at least temporarily displaced about 50 people and luckily it caused no serious structural damage.

When the 5.1 magnitude earthquake happens, we are having a sister fellowship meeting, I am about to share something with sisters. Immediately we stop and keep the door open but we remind inside until it stops. It lasts around 30 seconds; it feels like swirling instead of shaking at first.

The first thing come into my mind at that moment, is my younger one is with their youth group nearby, he is safe. But my older one is either at school, on the bus on the way home or home alone. So I grab the phone and try to call him but the call won’t work.

I’m glad that we all safe and sound. And when I recall the whole thing back, I am the first and the only one has the reaction to make the phone call right after the earthquake. I must not a very secure person, is that right? Also we forgot to pray right after the earthquake hits us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fortunately there is no major damage or injuries with this temblor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And you won’t believe this; we just have another 4.4 magnitude tremor minute ago. It’s a big shakes. Boy! That is scary and crazy. I just about to write that often time me pray to the Lord, oh! Lord! Please give us the small earthquakes here and there to release the inside of the earth and with no harms to anyone or anything.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right after the rattles, my younger one calls me to make sure that I’m ok, although he is just close by using the computer. I’m blessed. And call my older one and at their area, they didn’t even feel a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment