Sunday, March 23, 2014

married for 70 years

Yesterday I met a loving couple at the convalescent home, they being married for 70 years. Wow! That is precious. Some people may not be able to live as long as 70 years. They’ve together for 70 years and still love each other dearly.

The wife is 90 years old and the husband is 92 years old, but they look just like 70 years old to me. So I was joking with them that I don’t believe it because you two look only 70 years old to me.

They both are healthy and joyful. But sadly the wife has move to the convalescent home two years ago due to the blindness of fell down on her forehead other than that she is very health.

The husband, frank told me that he was a missionary for 50 years. The wife, Alice, was a Spanish teacher at high school. They both devotional Christians, they are both blessed very much.

Alice is trying to lose some weighs, she walks up and down the isle, that’s when I walk and talk with her. It’s not a long time maybe 15 or 20 minutes before she’s going to have dinner and I have to leave for home too. That’s a valuable moment we share our faith and pray together.

I’m hoping that I can see them next time when I go there again and again, talk and talk again.



And I’m going to ask them what the secret for being together for 70 years is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment